I realised this morning that whilst I’ve been crocheting or knitting every day it’s been a while since I updated my blog….so here’s what I’ve been doing
I’ve made my daughter a Twilight Sparkle My Little Pony, she’s 7 inches tall and apparently amazing My Little Pony Pattern
I finished my Moogly and CAL Crochet A Long Friends Around the World CAL..18 blocks from each CAL at 8 inch square for each (the orange isn’t as bright as the photo thinks it is) …both are still going but I though 36 squares were enough.
According to the five year old of the house My Little Pony’s get lonely on their own so I had to make Rainbow Dash too
This is the first of my works in progress, the Seaside Winter crochet along on the Zooty Owl blog, just one more large square to add then it’s placement and border time
I’ve picked back up my Frank O’Randall Rings of Change being done in ever do slightly expensive Adriafil Zebrino….so squishy but only at row 40 out of 110
This is me up to Part 3 of the Lilla Bjorn Peacock Bag CAL which I’m doing in James Brett Cotton On
Oh and I’ve just last night finished a knitted sleeve shrug so yes keeping busy
Now, I have been crocheting for 18 months so it’s about time I had something other than the plastic sleeves hooks come in to keep them safe and all in one place. There are quite a few patterns on Pinterest for a hand made crochet hook roll but nothing really pinged. Whilst searching on Pinterest I stumbled across tapestry crochet. Now that gave me an idea….a small project with a useful end.
So I worked out it would need to be 80 sts across if done in double knitting yarn. Out came the graph paper and I drew out some simple sheep…I had a limited pallet of colours so green was the starting point. I’ve previously done cross stitch so drawing on squares comes easy.
I found some fabulous tutorials on Pinterest on how to do tapestry and how to colour change. I was amazed how quick this worked up…
Having counted I did 38 rows in total. The finished measurement after blocking is 7 inches by 14 inches. The finished piece was a nice firm piece of fabric so I didn’t want to add more crochet on the inside, as I had seen for some on my searches. So I cut a piece of fabric an inch bigger that the crochet piece and pressed over half an inch on all sides. I then cut another piece the same length but 5 inches wide, pressing the sides and bottom as I used the selvedge for the top. I simply machined around the edges and then made the hook pockets before machining it onto the back of the tapestry.
A loop and a button and another ta dah moment ….love it
I am so pleased to reveal my new logo
Created by Michelle at Heartfelt Illustrations here in the UK she based it on my original applique but has made it just so much better….
It’s exciting times here. I have sent off five of the six parts that will be my new crochet along to some fabulous testers. We are hoping to have it ready with translations for October this year. It will be a fortnightly CAL but there will be quite a bit to do. It’s all based on the granny stitch. The size is still a mystery to me as I have to final border to work out but there will be some flexibility for you making it in the final lay out and whether it’s square or a rectangle.
Here’s a sneak peak of some of the granny stripe work in progress
Stay tuned for further updates over the next couple of months
As I think I may have posted I’ve been busy making for others these last couple of weeks. This has resulted in my designing three new patterns. A teddy hand puppet measuring 3.5 inches by 8 inches so idea for a child and two bags, also quite small at around 6 inches ‘square’ again for children.
Here are the links, they are also on my Ravelry page too:
Charity Granny Bag
Charity Cluster Bag
**please note there is an amendment to the Cluster Bag pattern which is now correct on the current link***
Link to Ravelry: Ravelry Page
I’ve been busy attempting to use up ly stash of yarn. Now I know for many of my followers that a stash is a cupboard full and for some a whole room. For me my stash extends to a large carrier bag. ..12 balls or part balls. Even as a quilter I wasn’t a stash hoarder just because I find it difficult to but just for buying. I’m not a natural shopper of any description. …I do tell my husband he is very lucky!
So these are the making’s so far this week:
This teddy is a crochet conversion from a knitting pattern, he’s a charity hand puppet for Africa
Unfortunately with such small things the yarn isn’t going down that quickly
Apologies for the silence for the last month, a much needed holiday has intervened. Creativity has however continued with this knitted shawl
It’s knitted in 75% Kunstgarn wool yarn by Hjertegarn which is 4ply and was a birthday gift from my mum in law. It measures 18 inches by 48 inches.
The pattern is a fabulously written free one from Ravelry by Valentina Cosciani, there’s a link below
Shashlik Shawl Pattern
Now that I’m back I’m working on the Moogly and Crochet A Long CAL’s which for me are 8 inch squares, 48 in total which will eventually go into a good sized afghan…..just another 18 to go. I’ve also been yarn buying today so there’ll be another post about that creativity soon.
I am still working on another crochet along for the Autumn this year and hoping to launch amigurumi kits later this month….so stay tuned for some new ideas